Monday, October 31, 2005

And you thought Alito was scary!

Tis the season for things demonic, and this year, the Germans really did it up right. Much to the horror of (hopefully many) Germans, the infamous Zapfenstreich, a "traditional" Prussian night march involing torches and the bearing of Teutonic standards, was carried out for the first time right in front of the Reichstag – and carried live on German TV. Get past the talking head of this video and see some truly frightening images that will put you in the Halloween spirit, perhaps even more than you'd care to be. And in case you think this is just old footage from that "other" era, that's indeed Gerhard Schröder on the reviewing stand, in one of his last official acts as Chancellor that I'm sure he will look back on and wonder how many schnapps he had imbibed when he agreed to this.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the most erotic thing I've seen since Kiss of the Spider Woman.

Also, do you know of anything related to road construction of pa that I could buy or sell, or google madisson ave, blah blah blah erectile dysfunction?

10/31/2005 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, the last part of my comment looks pretty crazy, once you deleted the comment spam that inspired it.

I guess the first part looks crazy too.

fuck.

10/31/2005 5:33 PM  
Blogger Dr. Sardonic said...

Yes, and yes. My bad, though; I should have made a note of the deletion. There was indeed a spam post above B.A.'s comment, and I deleted as soon as I saw it. I've consequently resorted to enabling Blogger's word verification graphic so as to avoid a repeat of such spam scat in the Doctor's otherwise pure and wholesome discussion sections.

So for the record: B.A. was not necessarily smoking crack when he made his initial comment above. I assure you all that, had you seen the spam-bot's posting, B.A.'s rejoinder would have rightly come across as witty, clever, and on point, and not as the result of errant bong water splashed on the keyboard.

10/31/2005 5:54 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Yodeling is not Prussian, right? It's more of a Swiss, Bavarian - Alpine type thing, right?

Because as Yodeling Queen, I don't want to be associated with those types of activities.

Perhaps I should abdicate the throne.

11/01/2005 10:04 AM  
Blogger Dr. Sardonic said...

Don't fret, Your Milfesty. Anyone caught yodeling in Berlin would probably get themselves "disappeared". Yodeling is indeed of Alpine origin. And if you wanted to make the headlines with a Bavarian-style abdication, I'm afraid you've already been beaten to the punch this morning.

11/01/2005 10:45 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Dr. Sardonic,

I pine for you. When will you emerge from your laboratory again?

11/02/2005 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home