Saturday, June 16, 2007

Condiment City

The inevitable finally happened: I ran out of mustard. Timing was poor; I already had a batch of Bockwürste on the stove. Across the street was a new store I'd been meaning to check out; their sign advertised olive oils from southern Italy, so I thought maybe they'd have mustard as well. Denied: just olive oil, plus one expensive bottle of wine. No problem, though, the owner told me; all I need to do is go to the mustard store around the corner.

Pinch me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wondered if that SenfSalon place was for real (or had gone bankrupt yet). The government used it as an example of how successful their job market "reforms" were. Some suggest it was the only example of success the government could find, so that's why it was plastered over newspaper and billboard adverts across Germany about 3 years ago...

The small businesswoman even had her own blog on a government website where she would go on about how free she was and how wonderful she felt about staying up all night making her mustard, her eyes stinging, her skin burning, etc. etc. In anycase, she's off the unemployment figures for good, even if the venture doesn't cut the mustard for long...

BTW, what's this Joost thing and why would I require an invitation for it? Is it like Gmail?

6/16/2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger Dr. Sardonic said...

Joost used to be the next TV: big names behind it, big budget, dazzling interface eye-candy, and a decent amount of quality content. Each successive beta release, however, has become more intrusive, and this last one just crossed a certain line. Thanks for reminding me about the invite banner; I just removed it.

If you still want an invite, email me. It's still of interest to geeks (and did I mention the dazzling interface eye-candy?), otherwise: caveat emptor.

6/18/2007 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home